Sunday, May 6, 2012

And So It Begins

I find it rather ironic that I, of all people, am starting a blog about cooking. I've never been one to spend much time in the kitchen and when I do, I don't always emerge with the most exciting results. I tend to stick to the same ol' tried-and-true recipes that have been passed down from family and friends. When I'm occasionally feeling crazy, I may even tear a recipe out of a magazine...but often times it finds its home in my recipe box, never to see the light of day. On the average day, I usually fall back to my boring staples: sandwiches, Lean Cuisines, and other assorted mish-mash items I find in the pantry.

Then along came Pinterest. This one little website has subsequently changed the way I look at cooking. I'm finally excited about finding new recipes and spending the time it takes to create them. Now don't be misled...sandwiches and Lean Cuisines are still close friends of mine. But it sure does feel nice to enjoy being in the kitchen and actually have a sense that I might, just might, be kinda good at this. At least I'd like to think so.

I figured starting a blog would encourage me to keep up with this new hobby by giving me an outlet to share my adventures and maybe even help my other culinary-challenged friends out there. Since Pinterest is my new source of inspiration, I'll be posting each time I attempt a new recipe from the site. I really hope you enjoy my trial-and-error cooking tales and can even use them in your homes too. 

Happy Cooking!  


No comments:

Post a Comment