Sunday, June 3, 2012

Little Extras

So here are a couple of small items that I've made in the past week.


I made this Hot Corn Dip over Memorial Day Weekend. We were watching the NBA playoffs and I was in the mood for some sort of chips and dip. I remembered this recipe and took a shot with it. I really enjoyed the simplicity of it, and it was a little different from the other corn dips I've had. This would be great for a party or tailgating, and next time I would add even more of the topping as those were the most flavorful bites.




Rating: 4




We also grilled burgers one night, so I wanted to try this recipe for Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes to go on the side. I love red potatoes and thought they'd be great with the ranch seasoning. Maybe I had my expectations a little high on this one, but I was a tad disappointed. I think it had potential to be really good, but I just didn't love them. For one thing, I think they may need to be flipped while cooking, as some were very done on one side, but undercooked on the other. I also might add a few more potatoes next time since the ranch flavoring was a tad much for me. Maybe more potatoes would even it out.



Rating: 3 (with potential to be better)

No comments:

Post a Comment