Sunday, June 3, 2012

Italian Night

I love pasta. It's one of those comfort foods that I get a craving for every so often. There's just something about it that is so satisfying. I have to admit, though, that I've never attempted much with it at home other than the basics like spaghetti or noodles with some chicken thrown in. Since being on Pinterest, I've pinned several recipes that revolve around pasta shells. I thought these would be pretty simple and the options of what to stuff them with seem endless. I decided to first try this recipe for Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Sausage. I was pretty excited for this one since the pictures look delicious and the ingredients all sound wonderful. 


Michael volunteered to do the grocery shopping since he knows I hate it (gold star for him!), but he ran into a little problem: no jumbo pasta shells to be found. We had to go to plan B and ended up using manicotti shells. (By the way, I looked on my next trip to the store and couldn't find them either...why are these hard to find?) The manicotti shells worked pretty well, but I'm sure this would've been better with the normal pasta shells. I had a hard time getting the stuffing in without ripping the shells open. 


Despite all that, these were quite delicious. These made me hungry just cooking them. The stuffing smelled so good once all of the ingredients were in the pan together. I will definitely be trying the other pasta shell recipes I've found...once I can actually find pasta shells :) I think these will be a keeper.




Stuffing it in :)

Rating: 4
Music Selection: Marc Broussard's Carencro

No comments:

Post a Comment