Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pizza Party

Confession time: I didn't cook this week as much as I had intended. It was just one of those weeks. I did finally get around to one Pinterest recipe. It's for Caprese Pizza, which I've been wanting to try for a while. I've never done a homemade pizza and after attempting this one, I've realized I should've been doing this for a long time. It was super easy and super quick...I'd barely classify it as cooking. More like putting together really.


Confession #2: I may or may not have cheated a little on this one. I couldn't find the refrigerated pizza dough, so I used a pre-made crust that basically just had to be heated up. I did still add the Parmesan cheese and garlic to the crust to give it flavor. It came out great, so maybe it's worth the cheat.


This was such a delicious pizza. It's so light and fresh tasting. With so few ingredients, you really get to enjoy the flavors of the ones that are there. It makes for good leftovers too :) One tip I can offer: you definitely need to let the tomatoes sit with the salt on them to help draw out the liquid. I probably didn't let them sit quite long enough. I had to dab a good bit of liquid off when I took the pizza out of the oven. This was definitely one of the best smelling recipes I've made too. Olive oil, garlic, and basil...YUM! This will become a staple, especially for a quick weeknight meal.




Rating: 4 

Music Selection: Sam Cooke's Greatest Hits

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! I love your blog and will definitely be trying some of these great recipes. Miss you and can't wait to see you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete