Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday's Menu

Alright, time for this week's menu idea #2. 

As I've mentioned before, I enjoy Chinese food, but it's rare that I actually eat it because it makes me feel kinda gross afterwards. I always end up way too full. Chinese take-out is no bueno for my tummy.

That's why I especially love this recipe because it has all the great taste of take-out, but is much healthier and lighter. (Kind of the same principle as the Beef and Broccoli that I posted about here). And if you love Chinese food like me, you know the classic go-to menu item is sweet and sour chicken. The trick with this recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken is that it's baked...smart! And I promise you will never know the difference. It may be a touch less crispy, but the flavor and texture is right on point. This was one of my favorite things I've made so far. It does require a little prep work, so it may be better for a weekend meal, but it's definitely worth the effort.


For the side item, I made this Stir-Fry Broccoli which was dang awesome. I've already made the broccoli again with another meal. It will easily become a go-to side dish. If you want to go the more traditional route, you can also try this Fried Rice recipe as a side--minus the chicken. I actually made the chicken fried rice for dinner one night and it was delish as well, although I forgot to take pictures. If you need some Asian flair in your menu, these are three items that won't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment